Friday, December 19, 2014

A Perfect Day

Have you ever had one of those days where you have everything planned right down to the tiniest detail and you get derailed right at the get-go?  That's exactly what happened today.  And I had to cope............

During the night last night, I planned our whole day; a perfect pre-Christmas Day stressless day.  A day of fun as a reward for getting all the shopping and wrapping done.  I was going to:  1)  Get my hair colored at 9:30.  2)  Pick up hubby.  3)  Be at Ingrid's Kitchen for Lobster Bisque at 11:15.  4)  Be at Steinmart at 12:00 for a little shopping and looking for myself.  5)  Be at Whole Foods by 12:45.  6.  Movie around 2:00.  7)  Be at Sam's Club by 4:45.  8)  Home by 6:00.   A treat day.  A perfect day!

BUT, I got to my salon at 9:25 and the girl that was to fix my hair wasn't there yet.  No biggie, but by 9:50 I was grinding my teeth and I was getting quite tense.  It wasn't like my stylist to be late.  Getting more and more tense, I finally asked a girl if she'd heard from her; she hadn't.  Finally, another stylist came in the door and explained to me that my stylist was in the ER with her daughter, but that she do put color on my hair after she did the same for her own patron.  It was awfully sweet of her to take me and I am extremely appreciative, but that put me off my schedule by two hours.

After being at the salon for 45 minutes and still not in the chair, I started to de-stress.  I began to unwind.  I unclenched my jaws.  I just let it all go.  All the plans for the day, all the appointments, and even Ingrid's Lobster Bisque.  (You have to taste it to believe it.)  You see, I could either stress myself all out or just go with the flow, which truth be told, was the only thing I could do.  Short of leaving with my roots showing (and we know that wasn't going to happen), I really had no choice but to set there so I might as well let it go.

By this simple decision to not let myself get all uptight, the day still turned out perfect; just the way it was always meant to be.  We had lunch at home.  We skipped Steinmart all together, but we made it to Whole Foods.  They didn't have their Stolen this year, probably a good thing because I would have been tempted.  We made a quick trip to Sprouts for produce.  We didn't take in a movie, but we made it to Sam's.  Home by 4:45.  A perfect day!

I hope your day was perfect.  I hope that you are having a chance to reflect the true meaning of Christmas and can let all the stress and strife all go.

Not the day I had planned, but a PERFECT DAY!

I love you. 

Now I just need to de-stress about my laptop.  I'm using the hubbies, but after Christmas...........


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive