Sunday, July 23, 2017

She's Okay.. I Liked Her.

Have you ever wanted to tell someone something?  Have you ever wanted to tell someone that everything turned out okay?  Today I ran into my deceased friend's son and his new bride.

Joyce, she's okay.

So many times over the years my friend (especially after she was diagnosed with breast cancer) would lament about her son and fact that he hadn't married.  "Was he was ever going to find the right girl.  What would she be like?  Would she like her?  Would she be my daughter?  Would she love my son enough?"

Today I met her, Joyce, and I liked her.  No, I don't know anything about her, but she made a great first impression; a little shy, but charmingly so.  I liked her.

As I walked to the car, I told my husband that I just wanted to tell Joyce that everything turned out fine.  No way to do that, but I can write it down.

Maybe we (I) should stop trying to figure out the future, and concentrate on the here and now.  Everything will be okay.

I wish you could have met her, Joyce.  You would be proud.  She's okay.   I liked her.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive