Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Telephone Recipe Book


Look at this....  What a hilarious menagerie of old recipes!  Or so I thought the moment I flipped through the pages, recipes pasted over every square inch.  All of a sudden it came to me........sort of an epiphany that it wasn't about the recipes at all; it was about the collection.  She really had no intention of making these dishes.  She was just collecting them..as a little HOBBY.  She didn't have a scrapbook at hand, but that did NOT stop her.   

In these quarantined times, we are all looking for things to entertain us, looking for a new hobby or dusting off our old projects. but we whine around, one excuse after another to do nothing.  Grandma wasn't quarantined as we are today, but she had her own limitations.  She couldn't drive so she walked a couple blocks for bread and milk, and only occasionally went into town for essentials.  Maybe she was, indeed, quarantined.  She didn't let the fact that she didn't have a scrapbook stop her from completing her project.  She thought outside her box and she made do.


So when you find this old telephone book filled with recipes, (and I am definitely going to keep this) you will know why I kept it...not for the recipes, but for the reminder that a hobby can be anything you wish; besides it makes me smile.  It humbles me.

Grandma, what a woman!!

I love you.






I love you.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive