Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Dented Funnel



You know when you reach in the drawer and pull out something as beat up as this funnel, perhaps you are older than you think.....maybe?  I tend to think of myself as a spry young chick.....and then I see this.  What a slap in the face realize I have been using the same funnel for the last 48 years.  Am I that old.......to have a 48 year old funnel?  How old am I?

Just look at the stains and scratches and dents and more dents.  No, not me, silly, the funnel!  Am I going to throw that thing out just cause it’s dented?  Oh no!  That hot jelly still slides right through it.  It still works.

I love you, but don’t throw me out just because I have a few dents.  I still make good jalapeƱo jelly.

P.S.  I wish I had Grandma’s old whisk, repaired with wire and  I would pay premium to have the old flat bottomed metal spoon Mom used to stir gravy.  Priceless memories.  Now, let’s have some jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive