Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Do These Have In Common

What does a computer, basil plants, manicures, pedicures, Mexican restaurants, bruschetta, ice cream machines, Caprese Salad, a trip to Chico's, new spatulas, refillable perfume bottles, Power Point charts, purchasing a new air conditioner, Silver Dollar City, and a run-away dog have in common? Why, a Dawkins' camping trip, of course.

Kimberling City put on a great firework show and we had a great view from our floats on the water in the dark. One after another, they just kept exploding. I turned around and could see my husband start after my brother-in-law and I could see that b-i-law had a dog on a leash. Now that is odd since b-in-law has two dogs. Wonder where the other dog is. Hmm, oh well, back to the show. Thirty minutes later, we climb out of the dark water to discover that Ginger, the second dog was loose - got off her leash and ran away after the very first explosion. Everyone jumped in their cars searching the dark for Ginger. About an hour later, my b-in-law came back with Ginger in the car. Everyone was phoned back to camp and we spent the next 30 minutes reliving the search. All's well that ends well.....Well for that night anyway. There is another Ginger story, but that is for another time. Let's just say that Ginger has issues.
Who doesn't bring a couple pots of basil for a week of camping? "Have we got every thing in the truck? What about these basil plants? You want to take them? We are going to be gone 7 days, you might need both plants. Yes, we have room. Okay, got them in. Got room for the piano if you want it. I know you girls like to sing when you get together." As it turned out, three of us girls brought basil, but mine froze. How you ask. I turned up the refrigerator up to get it cold. Again, why you ask? Because it was taking forever to recover after filling it with 60 or more hot drinks. By the next morning, everything in there had frozen including a dozen eggs. Do you know how disgusting frozen eggs are? Moral of the story, don't turn up refrigerator temperature to get it to cool quicker.


What Dawkins camping trip is complete without homemade ice cream? My lovely sister loved us enough to make some delicious vanilla ice cream with both fresh strawberry and peach toppings.


What makes you think we got manicures and pedicures? Actually, only my niece went to the spa. The rest of suffered by doing our own. Look at the picture below to see what my youngest sister did to me. Crackle nail polish. One coat of white followed by black. Oh well, I am on vacation.


Check out my Caprese Salad. Just as good as it looked.










1 comment:

  1. Dawkin vacations are awesome. I would have gained 20 pounds BUT I wasn't invited..hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive