Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Living with an Engineer

Good morning everybody. 

I married a man..........a very practical and sensible man...........an engineer.  Have you met an engineer?  If so you know exactly what kind of man I am living with.  I don't know who came first, the sensible man or the engineer.  Did he get that engineering degree because he is practical and sensible and thought that would be a good field for him or did all those engineering classes somehow make him practical and sensible?

No matter, for I now have a house full of OLD, and I do mean, OLD appliances.  He man is a mechanical genius.  However.................  Here is my dilemma.  Nothing ever breaks enough for me to buy new appliances.  The man can fix anything and everything. 

Case in point:  My dishwasher is now 25 years old.  How do I remember that it is 25 years old?  Well, we have the paperwork.  Who doesn't keep paperwork of their 25 year old appliances?  Who even has 25 year old appliances?  We thought we were going to have company in October so I started wishing and looking at new dishwashers.........even though mine was working perfectly.  BUT, have you seen the price of a new dishwasher?  Really I could buy a cheaper model, but if I am going to keep it for the next 25 years, I want one with all the bells and whistles. 

Cool, I am getting a new one........but wait.........maybe I should hold off at least until Christmas.  After all, it doesn't look that bad.  Then, the unthinkable happened, the door broke............hubby to the rescue.  Fixed it!  Then the thing just would not start...........pushing buttons wouldn't help.........hubby to the rescue.  Fixed it again!  Then the door broke again..........hubby to the rescue.  Fixed it one MORE time!  Then it wouldn't start again.........hubby to the rescue.  Fixed that sucker ONE MORE TIME!  I mean really!!!!  Don't you think these are signs that I need to get a new dishwasher?  Don't ya????

To be truthful, we have saved so much money over the years with his talent and ability to make things work one more time.  I appreciate this man more than I can say.  So if you see old appliances in our home, just remember, it is because the man can fix it one more time.  We will waiting till after Christmas for a new dishwasher............maybe...........if he can fix it one more time.  (By the way, the dishwasher story is true.  That thing broke four times in as many days.  Hubby dreaded seeing me coming his way.)

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive