Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dreams are Made of These

Forewarning:  I'll write about anything so here goes..........Dreams are Made of These.


We (the hubby and I) needed a ride home after the event we were attending in downtown Oklahoma City.  The three friends of mine said they'd take us home.  We get to their car and it is a clapped out 1958 4-door Chevy with the back passenger window missing, but covered with cardboard. 


Off we go and as the near the intersection, the hubby leans to me and asks me if they know where we live.  I reply that we will know soon because we are nearing the intersection where we turn left to go home or right--the wrong way.  As soon as they hit the blinker, we knew....going the wrong way.  After we tell them where we live, they apologize and head up the ramp, still heading in the wrong direction.  That is where it gets strange.  They park the car on the ramp and we all climb out of the car and start walking up the wrong ramp, cross over the interstate and go back down the correct on ramp.  The attendant at the ramp told us we couldn't park our car at that exit ramp, but it would be okay where it was.  He could see it and would make sure it was safe.  We continue walking until we get back to the convention center.


Once in the convention center, we go up to the top tier, the nose bleed section and walk on our knees across the backs of the seats because even with the seats up there was no room to walk.  Very tight quarters up in the nose bleed tier.  Finally we are out of that section and at our destination, the General's office (yes, Tinker AFB General's office--Is this home?), but without Johnny; lost him along the way. 


The general's secretary is very nice to us all, giving us all the chocolate Easter bunnies and candy we could eat.  I introduced her to the three other woman who are here on TDY.  I thanked them profusely for getting us to our destination and asked the secretary for a piece of paper for the ladies to write their names so I could send them thank you notes and also to continue our friendship. 


The next thing I know I am at Sonic and discover their car parked in the last stall.  Someone was kind enough to move it from the ramp to Sonic.  Everything was the same on the old car except now the cardboard is missing which makes it much more convenient to throw our things in.


I have disjointed dreams like this every night.  Every night!  I start to tell the hubby my dreams and he just shakes his head and tells me I'm weird.  I would love for someone to analyze these dreams for I cannot find any correlation between this dream, especially, and any part of my life.  Probably a very good thing.  Does anyone else have dreams like this?????  Doesn't everyone consider the General's office home? 


Dreams are made of these.  I won't exactly call them sweet dreams.


I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive