Monday, April 28, 2014

Spam Salad

I was looking at Pinterest this morning and someone I know pinned a recipe for Ham Salad.  Of course that brought to mind the old Spam Salad my aunts used to make. 


It seemed like at least once a month, my mother and her sisters would gather at my grandma's house and have a cleaning day.  Surely it was just twice a year, but to me it was every month.  Nonetheless, they always had to come up with something that they and all their kids would eat.  I don't know who ever told them that kids like Spam Salad, but they were definitely wrong!!!  Again, nonetheless, Spam Salad is what we got!  Spam Salad.  So without further ado, here's how you make it........gag!!


Shred one can of Spam (I can still picture my Aunt Wilma shredding it on the handheld grater.)
Chopped tomatoes (AND this is where it went wrong...tomatoes)
Chopped pickles (I don't remember whether they were sweet or dill.)
Chopped boiled eggs
Mayonnaise


Mix together.  All the ingredients were added to taste or perhaps to make it go further.  Spread on bread.  Be prepared for your children to gag.


I am not going to tell you that you are going to love this because, most definitely, you are not.  It will make do.


Yum, Yum, Spam Salad.  Now that I have that out of the way, I would like for my three sisters and my sister-in-law to come and clean my house.  I will not give you Spam Salad.  Bruschetta it is!!!!  Or maybe Mexican food.  I got you, hook, line, and sinker, on that one, didn't I girls?  I will get the cleaning supplies ready.  See you in a bit.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive