Monday, November 3, 2014

Canned Whole Tomatoes

Sometimes I wonder if in the next few generations certain items will disappear off the grocery shelves.  Have you noticed we already have cooked cubed potatoes in the produce aisle?  Who would ever guess that?  We have instant potatoes.  We have frozen hash browns.  Will fresh potatoes disappear one of these days.


All this brings me to Canned Whole Tomatoes.  I was making stew yesterday and right at the end of the process I put in a can of whole tomatoes.  Oh how my mom loved canned whole tomatoes.  I remember her opening a can in the middle of winter and pouring them in a bowl and serving them with the night's meal.  Sometimes they were just an opened tin can from the cupboard, but often they were from the cellar.....those she herself had canned that summer.  They were so good.  So cold.  A delicious treat.  I used to serve this once in a while to my own family............then I stopped and I don't know why.  So yesterday, I treated myself to one of those red, juicy globes.  It was still just as good as I remember.


Do you think canned tomatoes will be around in a few generations?  Will there be a need for canned tomatoes or will they be buying stew by the quarts at the store?  OH, WAIT THEY ALREADY DO!


I love you.  Open me a can of tomatoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive