Thursday, November 20, 2014

New Dishwasher

Well it is gone.  After 27 years and 11 months, it is gone.  They took it off this morning and I sighed just a little.  And this is the part you are NOT going to believe.  The thing was still workingYou know how the Tucker's make things last and last.  If it works, why get something new.  I am just a little bit surprised that we gave up the old rotary dial phone.  After nearly 28 years, I finally have a new dishwasher.  It has been a good one--that old dishwasher of mine.  Only the $99 pump was replaced.  (I have receipts of all my appliances and repairs.  I am married to an engineer.  Who knows when this information might be used as a blog post?)  I have written about this old machine a few times when the hubby was able to work his magic and keep that old thing running for a few more years much to my chagrin.


It's gone now!  I would like to tell you that I almost miss the old thing, but not really.  Yes, it was working and I used it yesterday, but it wasn't getting the dishes as clean as I thought it should...........and I really wanted to have something that didn't sound like a freight train coming through the kitchen.  Well, I sure can't hear the new one, but, then again, my family quotes a line in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation to me often.  "You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a dynamite factory."


That's about all that's happening here at the homestead.  Do you think the new machine will last 28 years? 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive