Saturday, July 9, 2016

Gentle Whirring of the Fan

What a chaotic week, huh? 


So this morning we had to clean the carpet and in so doing, we hooked up the fan to speed up the drying process....the old-fashioned fan.  It is quiet in the house this morning so even with my hearing loss, I could hear the gentle whirring of the blades..........pulling me right back to 1955.  If any of you were around back then, you probably know that every house in America had a fan; maybe not air conditioning, but we all had a fan.  I have such wonderful sweet memories of afternoon naps when all was quiet.  No TV, no kids clamoring, no radio blasting, and definitely no electronic device alerting us to weather, text messages, or any other such disturbances.  In fact at my house, there wasn't even a telephone at that point in time.  Just an afternoon nap which mom sorely needed after a morning with five kids under the age of 8.  The TV would be turned off and even if we didn't nap, we had to at least lay down and be quiet.  The only distraction was the gentle whirring of the fan sweeping around the warm room.


So with that, I will leave you and wish you no chaos and a 'gentle whirring of the fan' day.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive