Friday, June 24, 2016

Non-news

Hey, long time no post............so here's a little nothing.......today's events.


1.  I just couldn't let it go.............the quest for new chairs--recliners or something very comfortable and cozy.  I have been looking for two months and sadly, OKC has very fewHa furniture stores and those we have are owned by one company...Mathis Brothers.  I went to a new store in Norman yesterday and then today we went to the same store in NW OKC and lo and behold, that store was inner-connected to the Lazy Boy store and the Mathis sleep center.  You get the picture?  They are ALL owned by MB.  I wonder if others are owned by them, but a little more discreetly. 


2.  I didn't buy any chairs and I have company coming next week.  I guess we will make due with the old stuff.


3.  Have you ever gotten the finger on the highway and you had no idea why?  Today we were in the far right lane tooling right along in the line of cars.  Very suddenly and aggressively a truck pulled in front of us and his finger was definitely directed toward us.  We turned to one another and at the same time said "What did we do?"  So..........when you have the urge to shoot someone the bird, take a moment to ask yourself how your actions are going to improve the situation.  What if it had been your grandpa, your minister, your girlfriend's mother, your wife?  Patience..........nobody has it anymore.


4.  At Target today, I saw a little old lady with bobby pin curls in her hair.  Just last week I posted a picture of pin curls..........had no idea anybody still used them.


5.  It's Friday night and my Friday night dates haven't call us.  I need a date.


6.  It's hot!  In OKC it's hot.  Right now the clouds are between us and the sun  and seems like a winter day.  No really, but a blessing from the scorching sun.  And AC:  wow, a blessing indeed.  And I forgot to tell you, the AC on the truck was iffy at best today.  One minute it was on, the next ten minutes it was off.  Believe me, that intermittent AC was greatly appreciated.


That's about all the NON-news I have.  Hope you are enjoying your summer.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive