Sunday, June 12, 2016

Embracing My Inner Flo

Good morning everybody.  Well, here I am again, sitting here having my third cup of coffee; full of life, vim, and vigor.  So  good morning all.


Did I tell you that I met Flo the other day?  Probably not since I haven't written in this blog in days.  Well, I met her.  Yep, she was right in the car with me.  IN FACT, I AM FLO!


I was riding in the car for a quick, quick grocery trip last Thursday morning.  You know it was quick because I was expecting a family reunion at 2:00 p.m.  I looked down and realized that I had on my biker shorts--well not really biker shorts, but maybe yoga shorts......yeah.....like I have really been into yoga lately...........can't get enough of that yoga.  I saw that I had on my flowy (that's a Regina word) boho pink and black leopard print top with the silver threads (to go with my gray, tight yoga shorts).  And then I saw that I had on my leopard thongs (back in the day we called them thongs...........not to alarm anyone............thongs can also be called flip flops) with my red toenails shining in the sun.  GOOD GRIEF..........I AM FLO! 


What in the world has happened to me?  I don't care!  10 years ago I would have never worn shorts in public and thongs were iffy.  But here I was............IN PUBLIC..............wearing shorts and thongs, mind you!  Tight shorts at that, but at least I had my boho tunic to cover my bum bums.  But...........I don't care!  Well, I care a little bit.  But there is a certain self-assuredness that comes with age and I am embracing it. 


"When I get old, I shall wear purple"............or at least a bo-ho shirt.  Embracing my inner Flo.


I love you!!  Go get your Flo on!!!!!!!!!!  (Coffee makes one use a lot of !!!!!!!!!!!!!)


For those of you under the age of 40, there was a sitcom in the 70s or 80s called "Alice" and Flo was the over the top waitress who always wore the most outlandish clothes and popping her gum.  I am embracing my inner Flo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive