Thursday, October 16, 2014

Your Smile is Your Logo

Your smile is your logo,
your personality is your business card,
how you leave people feeling after
having an experience with you
becomes your trademark.


(Author Unknown)


This was a Facebook shared post by my niece today.  I wanted to share it with you.  This is so true!


Retirement brings about a certain "I've done it.  I've paid my dues so get out of my way.  You owe me!" attitude.  I see it all the time.  I do my shopping during the week and see lots of people my age or older out running errands.  Some of these people are so rude I am embarrassed for them.  Don't they realize that how they leave people feeling after having an experience with them just became their trademark?  I know when they leave I am glad I am not married to that person or I am glad they aren't my neighbor or I am glad they aren't my mother. 


Now I am not going to tell you that I am all smiles and giggles when I am out, but I have learned that being a little nicer sure has helped me acquire what I need from a sales person.  If you can put a little smile on someone's face, it might be the only smile they get that day.  How many smiles does it take to erase that unpleasant experience they had earlier......the one where the guy was screaming because he didn't understand what was needed to get his car tag.   


Smiling doesn't take much effort.  I have heard that it takes more muscles to make a frown than it does to smile.  I don't want to be the crabby old woman that lives in the third house on the left.  I don't want the sales person to roll her eyes to her coworker after I leave.  Just smile!


Your smile is your logo. 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive