Sunday, October 18, 2015

Show Love Even When You Don't Feel Like Loving

I'm slightly exhausted tonight after a very busy trip with the grandchildren this weekend.  We pulled in the driveway at 4:45 and by 5:05 we were back on the road for a quick trip to my hometown for family visitation for my uncle so I will make this post short.  Before I close my eyes for the night, I wanted to tell you about a very special lady, my younger cousin's wife.  She has cancer...........the bad kind.............pancreatic cancer and it has spread.  It is bad.  But here she was in a setting that wasn't ideal considering her own situation, but she was supporting my family.  I am not so sure I could have done the same.  It would have been easier for her to just stay home, but there she was.  There is no mistaking that she has cancer and is frail, but she looked regal and beautiful.  She made a huge impression on me tonight embodying grace under fire.  I have a lot more to learn, but I learned something tonight.  Show love even when you don't feel like loving.  Grace under fire sometimes eludes me, but seeing this woman and the................I am going to say it..............love she showed me personally was something I wasn't expecting. 


No, I wasn't expecting a blessing tonight, but I got a huge one.  This sweet lady blessed me with her strength, her dignity, and her grace under fire.  She showed me one can show love even if one doesn't feel like loving.    


I love you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive