Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Performance

Good evening all and Merry Christmas.  Ho Ho Ho Tonight we went a performance of the "Nutcracker Ballet Suite" of my 6th grade grandson's class.  It was cute and wonderful.  My little guy was a mouse, and HE was THE cutest mouse of them all. 


During the very last narrative, a little boy forgot his lines and he couldn't hear the music instructor to put him back on track.  It was a very long pause and the guy was shifting his weight from one leg to another.  You could have heard a pin drop.  And I cried for him.  My eyes filled with hot tears.  I am so sure he was embarrassed.  We've all been there, haven't we?  We want to cry and run to the bathroom and slink out to the car and hide between the seats and slink into our beds at home and hope that nobody remembers it....but we know they will and our hearts are heavy and in the very depth of the night that lump of regret forms in our throat once again.


Even though the audience was told to save the applause until the director lowered her arm, this little guy got a very special impromptu applause.  One of solidarity that we were all with him.  I hope he isn't hurting tonight.  I hope that he has special dreams of sugar plums because that is what all kids deserve even for these children who will be starting their junior high years in 9 short months. 


So B, thank you for inviting us to attend your performance.  You were without a doubt the cutest mouse ever.  And your friend...........I hope he has a good Christmas, too.  I'm so proud of you and so glad you are my grandson.  My heart always fills with wonder of you.


Always, I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive