Friday, November 18, 2016

Enchanting Evening Lingers On

Good morning.


I've had my first cup of coffee and now sipping on my second and my fingers are literally flying over the keyboard.


Yesterday, I got my new key for my car.  I told you about that, didn't I?  Misplacing or LOSING my car keys??  I don't know, but the bottom line is they are gone.  Well, the place where we got the key was just across the street from a restaurant where we once ate.  I say ate because we went there once............a little special place that for one, we couldn't afford more than once, and two, they went out of business not long after we ate there.


Oh, what a wonderful little place.  The menu was on a chalkboard easel with only three or four items; the chef's picks which included a nice dessert.  It was an intimate inviting little place with dim lighting and candles on the tables.  (Don't you miss that?  Candles on the tables?  and a quiet place--do you miss that?)


Oh, what a nice evening we had, one that comes to mind even 44 years later.  The table was set with a full silver service arranged next to the plates.............and I'd be lying if I said I knew what those four forks and all those spoons were for, even a spoon at the top of the plate.  But, as far back as 1972, I knew enough to use the outside pieces first so I did okay, although it was a bit intimidating.  The food absolutely delicious and the chocolate mousse was by far, the best thing I'd ever eaten. 


Well, my coffee is wearing off, but the memory of that enchanting evening lingers on........all these years later. 


I love you.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive