Sunday, June 24, 2018

Blue Eyes..........

Good Sunday evening, friends.  It has been a long time since I posted and tonight I am feeling a little nostalgic so maybe I can come up with a post. 


Earlier this evening I heard the Willie Nelson version of "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain".  What a haunting, beautiful song...........and the lyrics are so mesmerizing.  It makes me want to hit the repeat and try, I repeat, try to sing along.  I didn't know until a comment on Facebook that Willie didn't write this song, but, to me, his is the best.


My family did listen to country music, however, it was not the only genre.  Perry Como as well as Sonny and Cher, along with big band music and Patty Page.............we had it covered, not to mention my sisters at the piano playing and singing hymns in the back bedroom or practicing for the high school choir.  Throw in a little Mitch Miller and Lawrence Welk.  If you listened carefully you might hear my dad singing "Duke of Earl"; you see, he liked it all.


.......And dad sang along to this song so it sends me back when I felt safe and secure....to the time when we left the doors unlocked ALL the time.  Cars, too, were left unlocked and children could play outside long after dark.  You can't catch fire flies until dark.  Not going to leave our cars unlocked these days, but maybe the world would be a better place if there were more music and lyrics like this.  Maybe easy listening pop music and hymns are better for the soul.  Just thinking out loud here.  I'm beginning to sound old and out of touch, huh?


Well, this certainly isn't the post I had in mind when I sat down at the computer, but it is in the books.  Might have to go listened to "How Much is That Doggie in the Window".


I love you.  Maybe we will meet again............


(As wonderful as my childhood was, I wonder if my mom thought her childhood was even better.  Just wondering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive