Friday, March 18, 2011

Retirement During Spring Break























































It is Friday night and Blaine's, my oldest grandson, Spring Week is quickly coming to a close. What a week we have had with Blaine, his younger brother Logan, and their mom. Monday, both boys were sick so hubby and I took them Krispy Kreme Donuts. Tuesday they all came to our little piece of heaven, our five acres, and played. This after we built some Lincoln Log buildings. Then to Target for a few new toys for Nana's toybox. Wednesday we went to Arcadia to Pops to have lunch. Little did we know that there would be an hour wait. Every momma had the same idea for Spring Break. We didn't wait, but bought a couple of Cherry Creme Sodas for the boys. Off to Freddy's Custard for burgers. Thursday we went to Shawnee to visit my 96 year old aunt. The boys were just in awe, but what little gentlemen they were; however, they were ready to leave when burgers were mentioned again. Hamburger King in Shawnee here we come. It was a wonderful retirement week and just what the doctor ordered for me. No, I didn't do any housework, yes, my house is a mess, but you know what? It can be cleaned. In fact it already is. They didn't come to see me today. They needed some time by themselves and to do something on their own. I needed this day to regroup and rest. But I really miss them already. They make me smile and fill my soul with a renewed sense of love. My heart is bursting with love. Happy Spring

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive