Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surprise

Today I was flabbergasted. I received a surprise. Earlier in the day, I was called to babysit my grandson, Logan, a job I always welcome even if I have to rearrange my schedule. That is exactly what I did, rearrange. There is nothing on my to do list that outweighs keeping my grandchildren. At my urging, my husband went into town to run his errands. While he was gone, Logan and I just piled up on the couch and watched a Tom and Jerry movie, then Barney, then Thomas the Train. It was a cold day so I didn't feel the least bit guilty being lazy. My grandson was so excited when he saw his grandpa's truck pulling back into the driveway. Grandpa came in loaded with sacks and surprises. He had two different sacks of candy bars and three different kinds cookies all for Logan. Then my hubby told me to dig to the bottom of the sack and out I pulled The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook. I had no idea hubby even knew anything out the Pioneer Woman, so this really surprised me! Now on this dreary Tuesday evening, I have something wonderful to read. Nothing could have surprised or delighted me more. Don't you just love surprises. Better than Christmas because it was so unexpected. Thank you J. You are tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive