Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Crying Girl

This is my baby, my baby about 32 years ago.  Santa had come to visit this sweet precious child, but for some reason she wasn't happy.  Remind you of a story from yesterday?  I don't remember why she was so unhappy, but we thought it was worth remembering with a picture.  Why didn't I write the year on the image and the event that lead to her tears? 

She was a cutie pie in her new red flannel nightgown.  There was a little nightcap that went with it...perhaps that contributed to her being so distraught.  More likely the reason was because she just got up too early. 

I see those tears and it still breaks my heart.  It breaks my heart to see her unhappy or crying today, 32 years later.  I guess I will always be her mom and she will always be my baby, just as her older brother is.  They are my babies and when they hurt, I hurt.  I truly hurt to the point of pain.  I guess it is true that a parent is only as happy as their least happy child.  With the tears and all the drama that can seem overwhelming, I will never regret being the parent to these two remarkable individuals. 

Merry Christmas sweet children of mine.  I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive