Thursday, December 29, 2011

Love Actually

Tonight we are piled on the couch watching "Kung Fu Panda II" with the boys.  Hubby is on the end of the couch with the dog in his lap, L. is next to him with his Sandy (blanket), B. is next to L. with his blanket, too, and I am next to B.  I will be truthful; I have my blanket, too .  The boys are already in their pjs and we just had our cheesecake....... and we are going to have another.  There is nothing better........

I know I told you that one of my favorite Christmas movies is "Love Actually".  When my sisters were here on Christmas Eve, I told them about the movie and neither one had seen it.  Is has Hugh Grant in it; how could they NOT have seen this movie?  I whined around and begged my hubby to rent it for us, but I really wasn't serious.  After a bit he comes in with the movie without ever leaving the place.  Come to find out, he had bought me the movie for Christmas and already had it wrapped, but shoot, he unwrapped it before handing it to me.

So we popped the movie in the DVD player and settled down just about as comfortably as we are tonight only I had the recliner.  Then the scenes came up.  I looked around...........hmmm.......wonder if anybody understood that?.......another scene..........looked at my sister.  She said, "She will leave the room in a little bit" (referring to her daughter).  And sure enough, T. left the room, and bless her sweet heart she watched TV in her bedroom (yes, she has her own bedroom at my house).

Hubby and I watched this movie a couple of weeks before and I thought it was appropriate for all ages above the age 13.  As the movie progressed I told my sisters that I hadn't seen those scenes so I must have been engrossed on the laptop at the same time as when I watched it.  Toward the end of the movie the hubby came through and said "You do know we watched it on TV, don't you?"  Doh..........now it made sense.  Of course! 

Which brings to me to this?  The movie on TV was outstanding, no inappropriate language, no sex scenes, just a great story line.  They put it in just for gratuitous sex.  I have never considered myself a prude, but the movie was actually better without those scenes and language.  I have learned my lesson.......look at the rating before hitting play.  Check the audience. 

Have you ever been embarrassed like that?  I was on Grandma Dawkins' couch and vividly recall being embarrassed seeing someone on TV kissing when I was watching with Grandpa Dawkins.  I am not exactly sure I know why; was it because I was uncomfortable with the kissing or was it that I didn't want grandpa to know that I knew about kissing.  At any rate, I was sure uncomfortable.   

To my dear T., I promise that I will never put on another movie that makes you uncomfortable again.  You will never have to leave the room ever again.  I love you..........all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive