Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas is in the Attic

Thanks to the help of the hubby, my tree is in the attic and all the decorations are in the closet.  Putting away Christmas decoration is something I always dread, but something I can't wait to do.  If possible, the tree comes down the day after Christmas, but that isn't always possible.  I love to get the house back in order, dusted, and clean.  It makes me feel so good to have a sparkling clean house on New Year's eve.  Our New Year's plans are always at home and simple with a few appetizers and perhaps a glass of sparkling grape juice.  Boring people, I know!  A clean house makes the holiday just a little more special and relaxing.  Time to think about plans for 2012! ! !

Memory:  I don't have many memories of taking down the tree when I was a child, but there is one vision I have of Mom taking off the shiny tinsel and saving it for the next year.  She would take it off as carefully as she wanted us to put it on; right back in the box it went.  I am sure this tinsel costs less than a dime, but she saved it.  Every dime mattered back then as it should to us today.  The things we have in our lives that we consider necessities are, in fact, luxuries.  So if you are wondering how you are going to make ends meet, remember my mom and her tinsel.  You can do without those 147 TV channels.  

I love you guys.


   

1 comment:

  1. My mom did the same thing. Take down the tinsel very carefully, wrap it around the cardboard inserts, and slide it back into its original packaging. Did your cats like to chew on the tinsel, ours thought it a delicacy!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive