Tuesday, May 1, 2012

.....and I Still Get Homesick

The hubby and I walk around our place every morning.  I don't know what we think we will find different from the day before, but we walk around looking at all our plants and the few vegetables we planted this year.  We are just amazed this year for it seems that all this rain has really made everything liven up, so to speak.  Everything that is green is greener, flowers are even more beautiful, and grass is growing and growing and growing and growing. 

One day last week we found that there were deer tracks in my little garden, but before we got all up in arms about it, we noticed that nothing in the garden had been disturbed.  We think the deer must have hit the electric fence which scared him so much that he bounded over, then as quickly bounded back.  Probably scared the poor things to death!  Poor thing.  I will use that term as long as he doesn't take one bite out of my vegetables especially my tomatoes.  From my earlier post, you know how I feel about home grown tomatoes!

This morning the air was cool with a soft wind blowing, but the bright sun was already hot on my back.  The grass was still wet, and the butterflies were every!! where!!  Then it happened........sucked back into time.  I got that lump......you know the lump that you get when you are spending the night with grandma and you miss your mom.  Homesickness deluxe.  My childhood came back to me like I was in a time capsule, so much so that the calendar might have been 1960.....just outside my bedroom the sheets could have been on the spin cycle.....the towels could have been flapping and snapping in the wind right outside my bedroom window.....and the green beans could have been waiting to be picked, snapped, and canned.  I will have to write a post just on that someday.  

There are times that I just cannot believe I am in my 60s.  In my heart, I am still a 12 year old girl so shy she could hardly speak to anyone.  I still miss my momma.  I get the lumps in my throat and I still get homesick.      

I love you!  Come join us on our walk.   

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive