Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just Kicking Back with the Laptop

Another year is quickly coming to a close.  It is hard to even fathom that 2013 will be here in a matter of hours and I am not through with 2012.  Yes, I still have things I need to do before the new year, but alas, I fear that my TO DO list that I made in January 2012 will carry over to 2013.  I guess I can just erase the 2012 and write 2013.  I knew there was a reason my lists are always in pencil. 

Just as a matter of fun, here is a list of just things that I bought or learned or did this Christmas season.

1.  I tried a new brand of makeup - Laura Geller - and I love it.  For years the crevices in my face collected makeup and when I would happen to see myself in the mirror, I was appalled.  So.......I just quit wearing makeup.  I guess these days my eyes are so bad that I don't notice the collection of makeup in the Grand Canyons of my face.

2.  I do not like goat cheese.  I bought a Sam's Club size log and took one bite and decided it was not to dance on my tongue ever again.  I found a recipe where you mix it with cream cheese which almost makes me want to see if there is better dance step out there........but NO, not goin' happen.

3.  PJs - I got two new pairs of cotton knit PJs and I love them.  Comfy and cute.  I have been a nightgown lady, but there is something sophisticated about lounging around in a pair of cute PJs.

4.  I only made a few Christmas candy and treats - fudge for Santa, Oklahoma Millionaires without the chocolate coating, and caramel popcorn which I sent home with the daughter today.  I have to get this stuff out of my house.  I failed to remember to give her the millionaires.

5.  I found out my house has TOO much STUFF in it.  Going to clean, clean, clean, clean in another couple of days.  Goodwill here I come.

6.  It is better to give than receive.  I could elaborate on this, but why?  It speaks for itself. 

7.  I have a new found appreciation of the cost of mailing packages.  About a week before Christmas, the hubby and I drove across town around 9:00 a.m.  On I40 we saw 13 UPS trucks leaving out for their various rounds.  The one on our street had two employees and often were driving our streets at dusk.     So.......I will pay that $7.98 shipping charge and will remember all the people employed by UPS.

8.  I have discovered makeup again which directly relates to number 1.  This season, I went to Ulta and Sephora probably 10 times and bought something each time, but for other people.  No that vain.  I don't remember having so much fun by myself.  Then on Christmas Eve I went with my sister and had even more fun.  Gosh, we are such girly girls.

9.  Nobody gives out Christmas collectibles anymore.  Remember when Arby's and Long John Silvers would give away a Coca-Cola Christmas glass or goblet? 

10.  We saw Home Alone and A Christmas Story on the big screen at Tinseltown.  Yes, they brought back classic Christmas movies each Wednesday night during December.  Whose clever idea was this?  The theater was packed and it was a wonderful time with my grandchildren and although they had seen both of these movies many, many times and could recite the lines, just being there in that setting was great - and the popcorn wasn't bad either.

11.  I didn't buy every gift from Sam's this year.  I know.........  Surprised even me.  This year, I got them all from Ulta. 

12.  Chesapeake lights are wonderful; Nichols Hills lights are wonderful, but you know what I love more than those?  Driving down street in the older part of Shawnee.  Yes, if I see a house which has the old softer colored light around the inside of a picture window, it touches me.  It always touches me if I see a little plastic nativity set on an otherwise dark street.  The dark street, the quiet street, the cold air, and 5 little kids with their noses pressed to the car window, Christmas Eve. 

13.  I signed up to attend Weight Watchers meetings.  Wedding to attend in April and with everybody else loosing weight, I am sort of motivated......sort of. 

14.  Something new for me was my QVC ordered Mrs. Prendables Chocolate and Sea Salt Toffee apples.  I have never ordered any food item, but I fell prey to the QVC hustle.  This is something that I plan on ordering again next year.  I got a dozen apples, shared them with my grandchildren, but mostly I ate them myself.  Oh my gosh, they were so good, cold and refreshing, and of course, they were good for me....fruit you know. 

Well, I was bored tonight and just decided to write.  No new revelation, no new news, no nostalgia, just kicking back with the laptop.  Who knows, maybe in the next few days I will write again. 

I love you all and Happy 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive