Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Probably Ought to Get Busy

Well here it is, the last day of February 2013.  1/6th of the year 2013 now behind us.  I probably ought to get busy.  I can no longer say that I am going to start walking after the first of the year unless I want to wait until next year, 2014.  I probably ought to get busy.  Those New Year's resolutions that I didn't honor...........well I probably ought to get busy.  Going to have company next week..........I probably ought to get busy.  I have to get busy!

The 28th day of February is an important day in my life for another reason and a lot of you probably don't know this.  In fact, I doubt that anybody reading this even knows about it.  This day, in the year 1903 my father-in-law was born.  110 years ago today.  Yep, the father of my husband was born 110 years ago.  Unbelievable?  True.

Sadly, my children never knew their grandfather for he passed away in 1954 when my husband was only 14 years old.  He missed out.  We all missed out.  My hubby missed out on having his father there for his high school graduation, his college graduation, our marriage, and the birth of our children.  I missed out on knowing the man that was a huge part of forming my husband into the man I love.  My kids missed out on the love I am sure would have been showered on them from their Grandpa Tucker. 

So kids, today is your grandpa's birthday, his 110th birthday.  Life goes on.............

I probably ought to get busy.................and tomorrow I shall.

I love you.







2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have met him. I wonder if he would of acted like dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dad is so unique, I suppose he had to have gotten that from somebody. I think Blaine is going to be like your dad and Logan, well, he is your dad. Think on that!

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive