Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What a Wonderful Day

What a wonderful day,  I have had my breakfast, but more importantly, my coffee!!!  It is a windless cloudy morning, rare for Oklahoma.  I am setting here looking out my windows watching my hubby carry brush to the street for big trash day, feeling just a tad guilty, but not enough to get up.

I have my favorite catalog in my lap right now, "Soft Surroundings", the 2013 summer preview issue, and I am in heaven.  If you ever want to buy me anything, anything in this catalog will do.  ANYTHING!  Anything at all.  Tunics, pants, linen shirts, gauzy skirts, soft dreamy night gowns, unusual perfume (which may be on my shopping list today....I think I deserve it.), sandals, even bed linens.  I want them all!!!  Their link is www.softsurroundings.com if you ever want to take a look, but nothing compares to flipping the pages of the actual paper catalog. 

I just love catalogs.  They are certainly not junk mail to me.  I have my Gardener's Supply Company catalog, my Front Gate catalog, and my other favorite, Plow & Hearth in my lap, too.  Front Gate is so far from my comfortable price range, I tend to look at it for ideas.  Plow & Hearth, however, is one from which I have ordered.  It fulfills my 'plow' sense with all their wonderful gardening tools.  They make me feel like I, too, can be a gardener.  My 'hearth' sense is fulfilled with all the wonderful decorating items...making me long for a cabin in the woods, in the mountains, in Colorado or New Mexico.  Oh, I wish.........  mmmmmmmmm 

When I was a child, Kay, or any sister, and I would pour over all the catalogs we used to get.  They were not these piddly little 50 page catalogs, they were huge two inch thick things.  Montgomery Ward, Penney's, and Sears.  We would set side by side, each circling one thing on each page that we wanted.  It didn't matter if it was women's clothing or toys.  We had to pick one thing on each page and one thing only.  Even mom would get in on the act. When a new catalog would come, then the old catalog went to my sisters so they could cut out paper dolls.  I remember them in their bedroom, cutting out these dolls, shoe boxes and lids for pretend houses, and the girls playing for hours.  Oh my, that brings back so many memories.....good memories. 

Sadly, Montgomery Ward is no longer around.  It looks as if Penney's is not doing too well either and Sears..........well the icon seems to be loosing its way, too.  So many of the stores of my youth are now just a thing of the past. 

Well, it is time for me to put away my catalogs and get busy.  Another busy day at the Tucker household.  Looks like we may have some bad weather later, but for now, it is a perfect day.  Each day is so precious.  What a wonderful day.

I love you.



 

 

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive