Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Winter, You Win!

I'm having my coffee in front of my windows, watching the world go by..........if only there was a car to watch...........but I have the squirrels..........NOT!  They are holed up in their little nests because old man winter has decided to work some overtime hours.  Hasn't he heard of the sequester?  No overtime granted.  37 brrrrrrrrr degrees with sprinkles.  Even the goldfinches in their bright yellow summer dresses are wondering if they should change back into their winter garb, or just grab a coat.  Get on out of here, winter.

Will Rogers was sure right about Oklahoma when he said, "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait around a minute and it will change."  If you have ever lived in Oklahoma, you know that to be a fact.  Just yesterday, it was 77 degrees with bright sunshine and today 44 degrees for a high??!!??  What gives?  Well, that was a stupid question.  What gives is that I live in O.K.L.A.H.O.M.A.

I am so ready for spring.  There are things to plant, places to go, people to visit.  I try to find little snippets of time to run outside to plant a few things.  You have to do this if you live in Oklahoma because ideal times are rare.  So yesterday I just couldn't wait another minute.  It was sunny, it was warm..........almost ideal conditions except for the wind and that old forecast.  I had to plant, plant, plant.  I was just daring the forecast.  Sure enough, it took the dare and looks like it may win.  Sad face!  UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!!  Winter, you win!

So here I set, enjoying my coffee and watching my thermometer stay at 37 degrees.............ever so grateful that I have a nice warm house.  Next week, the forecast predicts more warm sunshine.  Waiting............. 

I love you, Oklahoma.  I love you all.

Memory:  This has nothing to do with this post at all, but I have been thinking about thresholds lately.  All I seem to see these days are made of aluminum or metal of some sort.  Do any of you remember wooden thresholds?  My grandma's house had ones made of wood, almost worn flat.  Just think of how many people entered and left that house.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling thinking of my daddy as a child stepping on it, but it saddens me to think of him stepping on it when we had to say goodbye to my grandma.  If only that threshold could talk.  You know, I never thought I about wanting that little threshold, but I would love to have that incorporated into my house in some way. 



   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive