Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blaine’s 10th Birthday

Blaine's 10th birthday 025Blaine's 10th birthday 057Blaine's 10th birthday 069Blaine's 10th birthday 049


Ten short years ago this little boy made his way into our lives and hearts.  Such a precious baby is not a 10 year old just on the cusp of being a teenager.  How can that be?  Time seems to be marching on.  The days may go slow, but the years disappear in a flash.


This is the first year he has not wanted a birthday party with friends.  He wanted to have salmon patties at my house and play volleyball with his family.  That is exactly what he got.  I have to ask you, though, when is the last time any of you had your child or grandchild ask for salmon patties for dinner, let alone a birthday dinner?


Blaine bragged and bragged on my salmon patties, thanking me over and over.  It was my pleasure of course.  I hope he comes back for his 21st and asks me to make him salmon patties again.


So in honor of Blaine's birthday and just in case Blaine wants to make them, here is the recipe.  Blaine, I quadrupled the recipe for your birthday and had plenty left over for you to take home.



Grandma's Salmon Patties

Canned Salmon, 1 14 oz can
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Any other seasoning you'd like to use.  I used Greek Seasoning last night

Plenty of finely crushed saltines

Drain the salmon, but reserve the liquid.
Mash and mash and mash the salmon to completely pulverize all bones.
This will take time, but important for the texture. 
Add an egg and mix very well.
If the mixture seems a little dry, you can add a bit of the reserved liquid.
Form your patties and roll into the saltine crumbs.

Cover the bottom of your skillet with oil.  I use olive oil.
Once the skillet is hot, drop your patties into the pan, turning when deeply golden brown.
Last night I used my cast iron skillet and cooked on the grill burner outside.

Blaine if you make these, call me.  I will be there.  Oh, by the way, I think they are
even better as cold leftovers.

I love you.


1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive