Saturday, June 28, 2014

Regina’s Mexican Flavor Salad

Regina's Mexican Flavor Salad

 

I have really been craving salads lately; particularly chopped salad.

Last week I made this one with ingredients I had on hand.

It was so good, that I made it again later in the week…well sort of….

 

Regina’s Mexican Flavor Salad

 

Chopped Iceberg Lettuce

Avocado, chopped

Tomatoes, chopped

Corn on the Cob, grilled and cooled

Black Beans, rinsed and drained

Green Onions, chopped

Cilantro, chopped, and this ingredient is essential for the flavor

 

Since this salad is made to taste, you can add as much of the ingredients as you want.

I chopped about 1/3 head of a large head of lettuce for one serving – ME!

Grill the corn so that you have some blackened bits on the corn and cool.  Slice the corn off the cob and add to the salad.

Mix in the rest of the ingredients, leaving the avocado till last so that you don’t mush so much.

 

Dressing

 

1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (I made my own from a Hidden Valley Ranch packet)

Jalapeno Pepper (seeded, membrane removed, and diced finely)

Ground Red Pepper

 

Add the jalapeno to the Ranch Dressing and a little ground red pepper or any other seasoning you might have on hand.

I used some red pepper spice mix I had on hand.  By the way, with seeds and membrane removed, the jalapeno is not hot.

 

Pour dressing over salad to your taste.  Toss, toss, toss.  You won’t need as much as you might think because the

avocado will act as a dressing, too.

 

I had a lot of dressing left over so I made another salad later in the week.

I didn’t have avocado and I used garbanzo beans instead of black beans.

I used white peg corn straight out of the can instead of corn on the cob.

I used diced yellow onion instead of green onions.

So you could basically say I had a whole new recipe.

Nonetheless, it was delicious, too.

 

Experimental Recipe – a Winner.

 

I love you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive