Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Two New Swimsuits. So happy!

I have no plans for a vacation, nor do I have plans to go swimming; nonetheless, I have a longing for a new swim suit.  Nothing do but devote two days of my quiet little life looking for a swim suit that was age appropriate, but sexy; sexy, but demure.  A challenge ensued.  I must find something. I cannot walk away defeated by the fact that I am just a little bit.............uh.........fluffy...........and in my sixth decade (when I am old I shall wear purple or in this case, shall wear a swimsuit).


Shopping for a swimsuit is NOT for the faint of heart.  Did you know there is serious risk to suffocation when trying on those two piece swimsuits (not bikinis)?  You get that 6 inch width spandex at the wrong spot and you will be gasping for air, and you'll be pulling, and tugging, and throwing up your hands in defeat, only to remember you HAVE to get the thing either down or back over your head.  Yes, that was my experience.  I was on high center, wouldn't go up, wouldn't go down.  I could not leave the dressing room until I got the thing OFF.  I had to do something.   So I gasped, pulled, and tugged again until that thing shot over my head like a huge rubber band and landed in a heap on the floor.  Do they seriously expect us girls to wear this?  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.  I was pulling them down over my head rather than stepping into the suit.  Whew..........life just got a little easier. 


I finally came out a winner with two swimsuits that fit the 'age appropriate, but sexy, sexy, but demure' category.  It wasn't easy.  If you are shopping for a new swimsuit, let me tell you what is out there...................a huge selection of suits that are for anyone who fits in a size 4 or below and who is flat chested.  What's not out there............................a huge selection of suits for a woman of 6 decades.  There isn't a lot out there to fit (am I am not bragging) an endowed woman.  Where in the world am I going to put the girls?????? 


Nope, buying a swimsuit is not for the faint of heart, but I walked out with a smile on my face.  Two new swimsuits.  So happy!


I love you.


A certain sweet woman I know reported that she recently got the first two swimsuits she tried on.  Seriously, who does that?  If the hubby and I were at the beach, she'd be the person I would point out to the hubby, whining how I wanted to look as good as her in my swimsuit.  In his honesty, he'd say, "You do realize that she is several years younger than you, weighs less, and has great legs."  Ooh, he has made me mad now.


As my sister said recently, "I look good in a swimsuit.  It's all that stuff hanging out of the swimsuit that doesn't look good."  "So happy.", I text her today.  She replied, "Now those are two words I have never used together when buying a swimsuit."   


   






   







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive