Saturday, March 28, 2015

Grandma Dawkins Noodle Recipe

Grandma Dawkins' Noodles

2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
4 Tablespoons milk or cream

Beat eggs in bowl.  Add milk.  Mix well.  Add flour and salt, mixing well.
Knead on floured board until smooth.  Roll very thin and set 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour and roll up like a jelly roll.  Cut rolls in thin strips.
Unroll and dry.
Cook 10 to 20 minutes in hot chicken broth.


If you ever visited grandma the week before Easter, you'd always find these noodles
drying on tea towels on the bed of the front bedroom or draped over tea
towels on the kitchen chairs.  Once they were dry, she'd store them
in containers until time to put them in the broth. 

Maybe this will be my contribution to Easter dinner rather than my dumplings this year. 
My dumpling recipe is found here.  My family always requests these for any holiday.


Grandma Dawkins - oh the memories.  I am sure all of her grandchildren have the best memories of this remarkably kind woman.  To me she will always and always be my favorite grandma.  She's been gone now for 43 years, but I still think of her often, and, other than my own mother, I feel her influence in my life more than any other woman I've ever known.  I so wish my own children could have known her. 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive