Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We're getting a Trader Joe's. We're getting a Trader Joe's. We're getting a Trader Joe's.

There is a certain store of the grocery store type that I love.  TRADER JOE'S  I first discovered this little store in Santa Monica way back when I was doing quite a bit of traveling for work.  My traveling partner loved to pick up a few bottles of wine, like a suitcase full, and since I am not a wine aficionado she'd fill my suitcase, too.  I was a good friend, huh?  I was always in awe as my friend would heft her wine laden bag over her head to the carry on bins, and then grab mine.  I never have had any upper body strength. 


Then Trader Joe's started expanding their brand and putting them in other states.  Now that they have hit Texas, every visit to Dallas warrants a trip to my favorite little store. 


Now Oklahoma City is getting their own Trader Joe's.  I am really excited--yippee!  Our Oklahoma laws are not going to allow wine on TJs shelves, but since wine isn't usually on my shopping list, I am still going to be in some sort of 'grocery store heaven' when I float through their doors especially that first visit.


If you're going to make your way to my store (I like to call it mine since I discovered it back in 2000), here are a couple of pastas that you should try.  By the way, almost everything in the store has the Trader Joe's label so just head for the pasta aisle....no need to look for a specific brand, just the type.


Egg Pappardelle Pasta.  I talked about Grandma Dawkins' Noodles a couple days ago and these really remind me of hers.  When cooked they are approximately 1 inches strips of noodle ribbons.  I have used these with Mushroom Meatballs with mushroom gravy and also with Pork Chops with onion sauce. 


Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta - Just as the name says, this pasta has a nice lemon flavor and the same size as the egg pasta above.  This noodle taste great with a lemon pasta sauce.  Anything that has lemon, wine, butter, and capers would be great.  Yesterday, I used these noodles with my favorite Basil Pesto Sauce (thank you Teresa).  


We're getting a Trader Joe's.  We're getting a Trader Joe's.  We're getting a Trader Joe's.  Thank you Trader Joe's.  Thank you.


I love you.  Now, what excuse am I going to need to go to Dallas?  Oh, I think I will find something.  Like maybe the Nebraska Furniture Mart - soon to open in The Colony.  And I am sure we will find our way to TJs for some wine, huh, Toni?????  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive