Saturday, April 11, 2015

This Nana is Going to Win

End of 2014 and beginning 2015  Audrey's Birthday 126Well........the time has come to talk of many things.........  (anybody know that quote?  A quote my hubby repeated to me many times.)


My oldest grandson is now the proud owner of an Iphone, albeit a hand-me-down.  On the one hand, I am glad he has a phone for emergency purposes and for his nana to get a hold of him.  Oh the other hand, I am so sad.  I fear that he will become like all the millions of other smart phone users; head down, one-finger typing, clueless to the world around them


Has my grandson entered that age?  You other more experienced grandparents know what I am talking about......the age where grandparents are now NOT the entertainment center of their grandchildren's lives.  When my younger grandson asked me yesterday what we were going to do this summer when they come for visits, I was kind of stymied.  What will we do?  How can I compete with texting friends? 


So the gauntlet is thrown!  Me against the cell phone!!!  It is on!!!  Now to search the internet {wink wink} to find cool summer activities for a soon to be eleven year old and an eight year old. 


I promise THIS nana is going to WIN!


I love you.


P.S.  I may not have all the activities lined out, but I am stocking up on the treats.  I got a case of root beer and a case of cream sodas yesterday.  I am ready to spend a few nights on the floor of the sunroom--almost like a tent--my boys' favorite thing to do at Nana's and Grandpa's.  Ready for summer!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well to be fair grandparents love their devices too. 😊. They much rather play in your yard than anything.

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive