Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sometimes You Just Want to Be in Bed Asleep

End of 2014 and beginning 2015  Audrey's Birthday 091"I just want to be in my bed asleep", this little boy cried.  I think we all wanted to be in our beds asleep last night.  Yes, the Oklahoma tornado season began last night with a vengeance right in good old Moore, Oklahoma; got to be known as the tornado capital of the world.  Moore -- the town where my daughter, her husband, and my three darling grandchildren live.  It was almost more than this grandmother could take hearing the weatherman declare a tornado on the ground on my daughter's street.  Hurriedly I called, no time for texting, and got no answer.  I called again, still the same.  Finally, in a few seconds my phone rang and all I said was "Get in your shelter now!"  And then the waiting began......................


It seemed like an eternity before the weatherman reported the Moore tornado intensity was decreasing.  This time, luckily for my daughter, the weatherman missed the location of the tornado and they were spared any damage (except the emotional toll).  This time the tornado was on top of Moore before anyone realized what was happening, including the weatherman!  This time not even the National Weather Service had time to issue a warning.  It was quick without warning until it was on the ground, but thankfully it was not as strong as other tornadoes that have haunted Moore in the past although the 30 or so house that were destroyed might disagree with me.  Anytime ones house is flattened, it really doesn't matter what the EF rating is.


My daughter called later to tell me they were safe, but not without crying children and mom's anxiety.  Our little 7 year old grandson told his mom through tears that he wanted to be in his bed asleep.  I shed a tear myself thinking of him being so scared.  I, too, just wanted to be in my bed asleep.  Sometimes you just don't want to deal with all the excitement of a tornado.  Sometimes you just want to be in bed asleep.


I love you. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive