Monday, February 8, 2016

Falls Creek Memories

Oh, there is so much to tell you about this picture.  I posted this on Facebook today for very specific people, but I can't go into detail all I would like on Facebook so here are some little stories.  Thanks for indulging me.

I am the second from the right in this picture.

This is our church campers at Falls Creek.  I don't remember the exact year, but I am guessing I was in the 7th grade.  I remember that white skirt well; like it was yesterday.  I remember buying it with my own money that I earned from hoeing peanuts for $1 per hour.  Everything I earned went to buy clothes and things for Falls Creek.  Falls Creek was where you went to meet boys or tried to meet boys.  Okay, maybe there was more to Falls Creek than meeting boys, but boy howdy, there were a LOT of them.  That pleated skirt was one of the prettiest skirts I had EVER seen or will ever see.  As you can see, white skirts were 'IN' that year. 

Look how many of us had bows, tiny little velvet bows.  They, too, were 'IN' that year.  Oh, we were so cool.

Nine of us in that picture are related.  Can you pick them out?

Six of the others are related, but not related to the nine.

Four are the preacher's family.

One boy on the back row isn't related to anybody.

One girl isn't related to anybody either, but at the time she was the nicest girl I'd ever met.  She lived in California, but came back to visit her grandmother every summer.
I thought she was the coolest person ever!  After all, she was from California.

Look how thin my mom was back then; first adult on the left.

 If only this picture could talk.  I remember our KP duties.  I remember those women fixing our meals.  I remember all the beautiful music and services each morning and night.

This is such an important time in my life.  It truly is at my core being.

I love you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive