Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Before the Computer; I Actually Had a Life

Good evening.  I am just setting here with heavy eyes.  I need to go to bed although it is just now 9:30.  Early even for me.


I've been thinking.  I think I spend too much time on the computer, especially wasting time on Facebook.  Totally a waste of time, but I seem to be addicted.  I am trying to stay away, but I seem to be drawn to it like a moth to a flame.


I wonder what I did before Facebook.  It is hard for me to remember.  I have been sucked up into the internet world and frankly I don't like it even though I am on the computer all the time.  I might have been more productive before I was sucked in.  Maybe I...................


Maybe I:


Read a book; a real book; one where I have flip the pages.


Polished my nails.


Played with my children.


Read my kids a bedtime story.


Worked outside late into the evening in the summer.


Fixed something delicious to take to work the next day.


Went to bed earlier.


Wrote a letter to my mother-in-law.


Went to Braum's.


Took a night class.


Read a magazine.


Went for a walk.


Ironed.


Called my mom.


Yes, I can remember myself before I became addicted and I want that life back.  The only one that is going to make that happen is me.  I will have to be the one to change.  Here's hoping that the only internet interaction I will have is with this blog and checking my emails.  Can it be done?  We will have to wait and see.  Maybe I can cut down Facebook time to once a month or even once a week.


Aw.............before the computer.  I actually had a life.


This is a nothing little post.  I just wanted to hear my head rattle.


I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive