Thursday, June 28, 2012

He Never Offered Me a Crumb

The hubby and I went out and about today..........running a few errands.  We had planned to go out of town today, but decided 100 degrees is a little too hot for an overnight trip to Canton.  Instead we ran errands and stopped for lunch at Taco Cabana.  We hadn't eaten there in years and decided to give it a try once again.  We both are trying to watch our calories, but decided that since we have been so good, we would just get what we wanted.  So I wanted flautas, not just an order of flautas, but a plate of flautas.  Yes, with sour cream and guacomole, and two sides, black beans (because I am watching the calories) and rice.  Then I hear this from the old gent behind me.  "I'll have a soft beef taco."  "You are eating light today, sir?"  I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because my ears were steaming. 

I couldn't believe that he order one thing.  We got settled down to wait for our food.........well my food.  I asked him why he only got that one thing.  I still didn't hear what he said for I was still fuming.  I wanted to hurt him, hit him, actually wanted to do him bodily harm.  In fact, I might have punched his arm.  How could he have so much will power?  Folks, he does this all the time.  It is like "Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean" at our house. 

But
you
know
what?????

Tonight I opened the trash can and I found a Krispy Creme donut box.  I couldn't believe it.  People, if you order a donut you will not get a box, if you order two you will not get a box, if you order three you will not get a box, if you order four you will not get a box, if you order five you will not get a box.  But, if you order six, you get a box.  He had six donuts.  He ate them all.  Yesterday, he went out and while he was out, he ate a chocolate fried pie for lunch.  That, I knew about.  The donuts......no he didn't tell me about those, but I found out.

Here I was feeling ever so guilty that I had supersized my lunch today while he had ONE taco, thinking he was all goodness and light.  He had will power.  There I was, beating myself up and the old gent was out in the car stuffing his face with donuts.  Nope, he never offered me a crumb.

See what I have to put up with.  I will keep him.

I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that one Regina, so did he admit to eating all 6 donuts? How does he stay so slim?

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive