Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's Just One of Those Days

How many times have you heard that phrase?  Usually I hear it regarding what a lousy day folks are having.  How often have you seen a FaceBook post saying just that; It's just one of those days.  Well, today, I am using that phrase to tell you how wonderful things are going.


It's just one of those days; a perfect day for me.


It's just one of those days.  It's neither too hot nor too cold.  I have my sunroom doors open and a gentle breeze keeps the room almost cold (can you believe a gentle breeze as opposed to strong sustained 40 mph winds........in Oklahoma?)  In fact, I just closed the north doors because it is just a bit chilly.......light throw is good.


It's just one of those days.  The honeysuckle is starting to bloom and when I walk outside my sense of smell is filled with the most wonderful aroma, honeysuckle and fresh air.  I wish I could have this uplifting scent in my house throughout the year.  I wish I could describe it to you.


It's just one of those days.  I have a friend coming to my house for lunch tomorrow.  That spurs me on to clean.  My little granddaughter will be joining us tomorrow and that will make having lunch with my friend even a little more fun.  I will love showing her off. 


It's just one of those days.  The fighter jets seem to be showing off in the sky this noon.  They are sure noisy, but at the same time, around this area of the country the noise is such a part of our lives that we miss it when they are NOT flying.  We definitely notice it. 


It's just one of those days.  Finally after a week or more of not feeling all that great, I am on a couple of antibiotics that are actually making me feel better.


It's just one of those days.  The hubby went to lunch with a friend.  Don't get me wrong, but I love it.  I have the house to myself for a while.  Sometimes that is important to us retired folks.  I don't want him to stay gone too long, but an hour or perhaps a day really is nice.  I get to do what I want, not that I don't when he is here; it's just different.


It's just one of those days.  In the near future we plan on taking a teeny-weeny trip.  That will be fun for us and something long overdue.  Perhaps this summer we can make a much longer trip; a week or two might be in the cards.  If not, we will just have to set up the grandkids' swimming pool and splash.  Better get the atlas out.


It's just one of those days.  I almost have all the laundry done.  I love the sound of the washer.....crazy as that sounds (pun intended).  It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something, but I am not lifting a finger.  Far cry from my mother's laundry days way back before she got her automatic washer.  Remember when washers were called "automatics"?


It's just one of those days.  Today is the day we put up the umbrella and hung the hammock.  Now it seems like we are ready for summer, but we'll keep these cooler days a little longer.


It's just one of those days.  I look out and can see my blooming annuals,  I see the water whirling over my tomatoes.  I see the squirrels playing tag.  I see the fountain splashing in the pond (might not want to look at that.......need serious overhaul), but the sound is nice.  My azaleas are still bright pink; sure hope they last till tomorrow.


It's just one of those days.  Since the hubby is gone, I had an apple strudel.  The taste still lingers.  I needed it.  It's just one of those days.


It's just one of those days.  Laundry done, house clean (almost), feeling good, energetic, patio straightened, squirrels scampering, trip on the horizon, house to myself, perfect weather, flowers in bloom, baby granddaughter, daughter, and a sweet friend coming to lunch.


I love you and hope It's just one of those days.......a perfect one.............for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive