Saturday, November 21, 2015

Cheez-It–I Thought I Could Improve Them




IMG_1588

BURNED CHEEZ-ITS
I might have a problem.  With Cheez-Its.  My favorite snack.  Diet Dr. Pepper and Cheez-Its.  That’s it!   Except………………maybe I could make them better.  I love to find the over-baked Cheez-Its in the box………..my favorite Cheez-It cracker……..the slightly browned kind.  Well, this particular box had quite a few of those lovely slightly browned crackers, but evidently I didn’t think there were enough.  So what did I do??  I put them in a tray and into countertop broiler.   Then………….I got on the computer and promptly forgot about them.  Well………..in a little while I smelled something………… Oh shoot! 
Up from the couch I jumped, ran to the kitchen, and opened the smoking oven.  The minute I opened that little door, those Cheez-Its flamed.  By that I mean the flames were almost 2 feet high.  Yellow scary flames.  I can tell you my mind raced .  What to do first.  I turned off the broiler first.  I grabbed the potholder and threw that flaming pan into the sink which, luckily, is just behind me.  That was a close call.  The paint actually bubbled under my overhead cabinets and there is a discoloration that I cannot remove. 
The moral of the story:  Let well enough alone.  My favorite snack and I thought I could improve it.  Remember Cheez-Its have a low flaming threshold. 
You can read another post about Cheez-Its  here:  http://retirementthegoodlife.blogspot.com/2012/03/cheez-its.html
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive