Sunday, May 8, 2011

Comfortable Shoes for Mother's Day


My hubby surprised me with the cutest, funniest little certificate for some comfortable shoes. As you can see in the picture, it is not to be used for cute, trendy shoes. Oh shoot!!! He knows how I love shoes, and very little thought is given to the fact that they will hurt after 10 minutes on my feet. You cannot wear them for 10 minutes in the store; they look at you funny and start following you around like you are going to stuff them in your purse and head for the door. As it turns out, I was going to look for new shoes this week anyway and the nice folding money will help. It also turns out that my 45th class reunion is this Saturday which means I have a dilemma. How can I show up at my reunion in grandma shoes? Now you know this is not going to happen if you have ever gone back to a class reunion and you are a girl (ok, I still think I am 17). Those that know me, know how vain I am. So........will I buy two pairs of shoes? Those that have shopped with me know that when I get in my zone, I may buy three pairs. Remember all the shopping trips, girls? Remember, sisters, when we four went to Dallas and came back with 27 boxes of shoes between us? Oklahoma doesn't sell shoes.

Such a wonderful, lazy day. I didn't fix lunch for the kids this year. I took the day off, but they came anyway and we had a wonderful time. I am posting some pictures of the family. Blaine, Logan, and me





It's my day so I even have one of me by myself.








The kids - they are not any more comfortable taking pictures than when they were 10 and 7. Literally had to pull them over to me for this shot.





Giggling kids. Steven and Angie brought me the pretties bouquet of flowers. Shawna, Ryan, and the boys got me a potato ricer which I have wanted for years.







My girls - Shawna and Angie. Pretty, sweet, loving girls. and skinny!









Never, ever have a picture of my son-in-law with his best mother-in-law. Got one today. Don't act like you don't like me, Ryan.








Steven and me. Yeah, he likes me, too. He has to.









And this little girl is the mother of the two best boys in the world. My adorable grandsons.








Cute pictures of the boys and their uncle.









Another good one of Steven.

One of the best mother's day I have ever had. Relaxing. After they left I read all afternoon. Since we knew it was going to be crazy at the restaurants today, hubby and I are going to breakfast tomorrow. Mother's Day just keeps on giving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive