Monday, January 28, 2013

Going to Finish My Coffee Now

I guess you could tell by yesterday's post that I needed a little pick me up.  Today is a new day and after a cup of java, life seems good again.  I never drank coffee except for breakfast....mmmmm about once a year.  It always seemed the right thing to do......have a cup of coffee with eggs and bacon. 

On our honeymoon, many moons ago, almost 41 now, we spent the night at the Ptarmigan Lodge in Dillon, CO.  The next morning we woke to the most beautiful snow ever!  Well, to a blushing 23 year old bride, it was.  The flakes were huge.  I remember the view across the valley and the lake below was mesmerizing.  We had our whole lives ahead of us and life was more than good.  But there was one thing wrong that morning, we were starving.  So, off we trudged through the snow to the little cafe.  I had what I almost always have when eating breakfast, eggs, bacon, and toast, and, that morning, coffee.  It was hot and steaming and delicious.  Perfect on a snowy morning with my new husband.

We discussed what we were going to do that day and decided to move on to another place, another adventure in our new life together.  We still had lots of plans and places to go.  Off we went back to the lodge to pack and to move on.  But wait.............what can go wrong..............nothing............or what?  "You locked the keys in the car?"  But wait............I married an engineer.  He can fix it.  Or can he?  You see he changed the locks on our car before we got married so that nobody would pop the locks and put rice in our car.  Oh, he is so ingenious..............but he shot himself in the foot this time............cause now he cannot use the hangar to pop the lock.  It will slip right off............so grandsons, this is how your grandpa popped the lock.  Tie a strip of cloth around the end of a wire hangar to make a loop.  Now shimmy the hangar though the window and lower the loop over the lock.  Twist and twist and twist and twist.  Put enough torque on it to pull it up.  It worked. 

So this morning I am setting here sipping my coffee, a new flavor, Salted Caramel, A.M. Coffee for Tired People, by Paramount Coffee Co, Lansing, MI, feeling all cozy inside on this gray day.........no rain.......oh no rain..........when?????  But that's another subject.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.  I hope that you have some precious memories that make you smile.  Make it a memorable day for you are making memories for tomorrow.  Going to finish my coffee now.

I love you.

By the way, Dillon Lake, CO, is a huge ski area now, wall to wall people and traffic.  Should have invested.  Ptarmigan Lodge is still there.  We stayed there when we retraced our honeymoon route on our 30th anniversary and who knows, maybe we will go back there again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive