Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Mistress's Soothing Bath Herbs

Well, can you believe it, we are already at day 2, 2013.  The grandsons are here tonight.  Just a few more days of Christmas break for them.  Do you remember Christmas break?  Not that I hated school (I did!), but I sure enjoyed that break.  A time to stay by the home fires, playing with all our play pretties (as Mrs. Tucker would say).

Tonight I was playing with one of my new play pretties:  Country House "The Mistress's SOOTHING Bath Herbs".  The aroma is so wonderful.  Something about it reminds me of a nice cold solstice and it is definitely soothing.  Then again, the herbal scent smells slightly of sage and rosemary, but neither of these are in the ingredient list.  You could take a bath with it or you could stuff a turkey.  Just kidding on the latter.  I chose to bathe with it. 

The ingredients:  Frankincense, Coltfoot, Laminaria (Bladderwrack), Boldo leaf, Hops, Yarrow, Southernwood, Lavender, Orris Root.  How many of these ingredients have you heard of?  See, no sage or rosemary. 

The box reads:  After an arduous day supervising the running of the great house, the Mistress would retire to her room to prepare herself for the formalities of the evening.  At this juncture, the prudent lady's maid would pour a copious bath in which she would steep various relaxing and  softening herbs to induce a sense of ease and encouragement.  It is in this tradition that we offer The Mistress's Soothing Bath Herbs which, used night or morning, will help melt away tension and invoke euphoria. 

Whew.........does that not capture your heart and imagination?  Don't you just want to pick up a 600 page novel set in the mid-19th century?  Had my bath.  Got my new pjs on.........ready to be swept away.  I would even settle for another extra long episode of Dowtown Abby, but alas, that is not to be tonight.  Today I was running the great house, I did have a copious bath, and no maid involved.  The night held no formalities.  No, tonight I am all cozy in my pjs watching Ratatouille with my adorable giggling little boys.  Couldn't be happier to be the maid to my little ones tonight.  Nothing sweeter on earth than a little smiling boy asking if I would put a rubber band around his drawing. 

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive