Wednesday, January 16, 2013

She Wants to be My Friend

Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!  She wants me to be her friend......on Facebook.  Oh my gosh!  Yes, Princess Kate wants to be my friend.............NO!  NO!  Somebody way more cool than her....a high school classmate, one of the coolest girls in school wants to be my friend.  Yahoo!

It baffles me that I am giddy at the thought of someone so cool, so pretty, and a cheerleader to boot asking to be my friend. Why am I like this? I definitely feel that I am now a witty and cool woman, a relatively attractive woman (at my age), fairly bright, financially smart and comfortable, an accomplished woman with two bright and sweet children, and two adorable grand boys.  (Sounds like I am posting this on Match Dot Com.)  I had a pretty good job, held a position in which I never felt totally comfortable but I was able to hold my own and succeed, and most importantly please my boss.   I have traveled both professionally and personally to locations I never dreamed possible.   Still.........I long to be that cool girl in high school, 45 (did I say 45?) years ago. 

By now you all know my age.......just a young chick.........still after all these years I think I have issues.  YA THINK!!!!  Just a few self-esteem issues......those that go all the way back to the 60s..the teenage years, the years of acne (oh my), the years of not having cool clothes, the years of not having a boyfriend, the years of never feeling smart enough, the years of just not being one of the cool kids.

So with pride, I will accept my new friends offer of becoming her friend.  Who knows, perhaps she had some esteem issues back then.  Maybe it was hard for her, or harder than I thought it was for her.  Who knows............?  We am what we am.  No matter what, we am what we am.  We go through this life without a clue as to what will come next.  We strive for perfection......  We strive to be that cool person. 

As much as I have talked about in this post of the insecurity I had in my teenage years, I would not change a thing for all those issues I had back then, those issues that I have faced along these last 45 years have made me into the woman I am today.  Confident and, I must say, stronger than I have ever felt in my life.  And in the end, it all evens out.

She wants to be my friend!

I love you!
   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive