Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Kid at Heart

Lights dimmed, fireplace burning, warm glow of the kitchen cabinet lighting........what more could a girl want?  Barrett-Jackson of course. Yes, it is that time of the year.  The time when the TV is on and where once in a while the hubby goes "hmmm" or "that is a pretty good deal" or "wish ours looked like that".  And I am over here just typing away on my laptop.  I look forward to it every year.

Ladies, when you get together with your friends, aren't you just a kid at heart?  Aren't you still playing with makeup?  Don't you want to talk about how cute that skirt is?  Don't you want to show off your new shoes to your friends?  Don't you like to play "when I grow up"? 

I am totally convinced that my hubby is just a kid at heart, too.  In fact I would go so far as to say that most of our gentlemen friends are kids at heart whether they are fantasizing in front of a TV football game or fantasizing in front of a TV auction of beautiful automobiles.  They are playing "when I grow up".

Sometimes we need a little "when I grow up" time.  There are times in our life when the hubby and I have to take a mental break to get back to that innocent time of when I grow up.  When I worked there were days when I took off which I called "mental health days".  I am here to tell all you worker bees - you need them as much as a sick day with a 102 temperature.  So even retired there are times when the hubby and I take our little mental health days.  Just last week we had a little mental health day and drove across town for a little "us" time and quite spontaneously we decided to have lunch at La Baguette's.  It was like a 45 minute vacation and something we both seriously needed; a quiet little French bistro........vacation.  It was one of the best 45 minutes of our entire week.

So tonight we are just vegging on the couch taking another mental health break.  Tonight my kid at heart is playing "when I grow up" and I couldn't be happier to be a grown up.

Side note:  Just last night, that 71 year old kid at heart jumped on the back of the grocery cart and coasted down the incline to the car.  That is the man I married.  Surprise you?  Not me!

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. That 71 year old is awesome! I have a feeling that mental health day was because of me. Sorry I have the best parents in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No babe, not you, us! You see, each of us needs days when we have to have a break....not from our problems, but how we deal with those problems. Each of us will have problems from time to time. How are we going to deal with them....those are personal issues. Sometimes we need to step away to get a better perspective. Those are the times when we need a mental health day. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive