Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday Night and Just a Bit of Fluff

Saturday night and just a bit of fluff.  But every once in a while, I need just a bit of fluff, don't you? 

Well my Christmas decorations are put away for another year.  I can stop pinning Christmas ideas and move on to diet foods and Valentine's Day treats on Pinterest.  But before I completely close the book on 2013 Christmas, I want to tell you about a few products or some old standbys and a few tricks I love this season.  Some were Christmas presents and some were just items I bought for myself.  So in no particular order, here are a few of my favorite things for 2013...............(channeling Oprah).

1.  OPI nail color "My Favorite Ornament".  I found this just today at Ulta and it was on SALE!  It is glittering pale gold, but so beautiful.  I can wear this on New Year's Eve for our evening at home......what???????????........did you think we were going out?  and it will be pretty on Valentine's Day evening at home...........again.........what??????????............did you think we were going out?  Or I can wear it tonight for absolutely no reason at all.

2.  Leopard print Dearfoams Satin Ballerina Slippers.  A gift, a perfect gift.  I love them. 
3.  Body Benefits Extra Large Bath Cloth Extra large Bath Cloth.  This is a specialty textured nylon cloth that cleans and revives rough skin.  I used this the first time today and am blown away.  You use it as you would a washcloth, but it is three times the size.  It really does revive the skin as it is a bit rough.  A winner.....thanks Rhonda.

4.  Gap 1969 Jean Leggings.........who knew I could or would wear these?  I really like these jeans with a long tunic top, but they have a tendency to grow on me if you know what I mean.  Belt needed.  Thanks Shawna for insisting I buy a pair and telling me how cute the older ladies look in them at Gap.  Now if I loose 10 pounds they would look a lot better.

5.  Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Care Collection.  Love these six little metal tubes of hand creams.  Avocado, Wisteria, Iris, Himalaya, Pomegranate, and Lily...take your pick......all lovely fragrances. 

6.  M&M White Chocolate Peppermint.  These are pretty little red and white M&M morsels.  I bought a couple of these seasonal bags today to save for Valentine's.  Rhonda said they managed to find a way to ruin perfectly good M&Ms. 

7.  Mexican food - any restaurant.  We managed to eat Mexican food 4 times while my sister was here and I found out she ate it again on her trip home and again today.  That makes 6 times in 10 or 11 days.  We love us some Mexican food.

8.  The Art of Shaving manicure tools.  My son gave me a really nice pair of nail clippers...I really like them, but they are extremely hard to use with the left hand.  I will master them.

9.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks "A Year of Holidays".  I am going to make a couple of the recipes from this book for New Year's Day; Hoppin' John and Collard Greens.  I had better look for black-eyed peas tomorrow.......last year the stores were out on New Year's Eve.

10.  Smashbox Photo Finish.  I bought a sample kit of Smashbox and Photo Finish was included.  It is a primer to be used under makeup, velvet for the face.  I will buy this in larger tubes when mine is gone.  You must try this product.

11.  Lace Liner Socks.  These come in pack of two at JCP and I found them on sale today, and immediately put them on.  Yes, right there in the store.  They are so comfy with pads under the toe bed.  A new favorite and they look so cute; black lace peeking out of my black loafers!

12.  JCP - Have you noticed the new layout at the store?  Looks very high end, very much in the likeness of Dillard's.  I really like it, but I don't think the general population will like it.  Hope so.

13.  Hot tea - specifically Bigelow assorted teas; Plantation Mint, my favorite.  I am off coffee for the time being because it really made me jittery so hot tea is my new breakfast drink. 

14.  A new sweet salad made with apples, crushed pineapple, lite Cool Whip, and sugar free butterscotch pudding that my sister, Rhonda made.  Delicious and you don't feel like you are overindulging. 

15.  My caramel popcorn, a supreme overindulgence.  Now this is NOT a new recipe, but since I made it twice in 5 days I have to include it.  It might be Rhonda's favorite.  I can still hear those words "Would you bring me a bowl of that popcorn?"  or was it "Bring me a bowl of that popcorn"?  The word "please" might have been in there sometimes.

16.  EOS Lemon Drop Smooth Sphere Lip Balm SPF 15.  Smells so good.  It is on my night stand, a new nightly ritual.  Yeah, the sun in really bright in my bedroom.  It's a joke, Steve.  (That is a family inside joke that I will explain one of these days.)

17.  Bare Minerals Kit that I bought off QVC early in the season.  I love the colors to brighten the face and love, love, love the eye shadow collection.  This kit makes me really enjoy the me time I have playing with my makeup every morning.......yeah, I am one of those people who put full makeup on every day.

18.  Taylor perfume by................(don't hate me) Taylor Swift.  I know, I know!  It smells so good.  I am not one to buy a perfume using a celebrity's name, but I did this time.  Darn those catalog perfume inserts.  I know, I know!

19.  Sam's Club Smoked Brisket - always good and always a hit at holiday gatherings.  Throw that thing in a crockpot and you have a meal.  Throw in some rolls and breads and you have an instant party. 

20.  Baking Soda, water, and aluminum foil.......a simple recipe to remove tarnish from my silverware.  30 minutes later and you are "goods to go" as a certain daughter of mine would say.  Definitely not a product, but a favorite because it saved me labor!!!

Well, that's about it for 2013.  It's waning fast............about time for a new beginning, don't you think?

Saturday night and just a bit of fluff.

Thank you all for reading my blog.  I love you all.


   

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive