Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We Are Going to Party Like Pop Dixon

It is almost here.............the New Year...............2014!.............and we are going to party like it's 2014!!!!

I know many folks our age just head on off to bed and let the old year slip away and the new year just slide on in, but we are still attempting to rock the New Year and NOT in a rocking chair, I might add.  We still are making the effort.  It would probably be easier on me if I headed to bed at my normal 11:00 bed time, but I keep trying to make special moments in the year and in my life just that...............special moments. 

So with that in mind, we have already had our first round of appetizers; pâté.  Not just one pâté, but three different kinds; a rustic country pâté, a goose liver pâté, and a salmon pâté.  Delicious!  (I can hear you gagging, you know.)  Who knows what round two will bring.  I have a refrigerator full of delicious appetizers and dips, OKAY only one, but that is just enough to keep me awake.  I say me because the hubby stays up till at least 12:30 every night just has he has for the last 42 years. 

Happy New Year everybody.  You kids remember Pop Dixon?  I think of him every little bit, but especially on New Years Eve.  I have told this story before, but old Pop Dixon came to my parent's New Years Eve party.  He was probably 85 years old.  That same year my parents allowed me to go out with my boyfriend instead of the party, but guess what.  I had to be home at 11:30.  Got home and old Pop Dixon was still at the party!!!!  I still think about the injustice of that.  I was a young whipper-snapper and there he was, probably too old to see the road home........... 

Here's to you Pop Dixon.  Thanks for being such a wonderful influence in my life.  We are going to party like Pop Dixon.

I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Regina! Love that you make the event a special moment! I think life is a series of those special, little quiet moments that all added together make for a wonderful life! Wishing you and your husband a wonderful new year with lots of special moments!
    joan

    p.s. thank you for leaving your calling card and for your sweet note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the comment. I appreciate it. I will be looking forward to reading what goes on at your house in 2014. Every post is beautiful.

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive