Friday, December 6, 2013

Thank You Santa

Good evening all.  I had planned on blogging every day until Christmas, but life and circumstances and ice and snow have gotten in the way.  Maybe I'll be better next week, or maybe even tomorrow.

Today I caught up on all my wrapping or should I say, I wrapped what I have bought so far.  Many, many presents to go but I will get it done.  I started to make Aunt Bill's Candy tonight, but fatigue took over my youthful spirit and sent me straight to the couch.  I think it is time for a movie or two.  Maybe "Elf" tonight.

I have really missed that extra week of Christmas prepping this year.  Thanksgiving gave way to Christmas just a little TOO quickly.  Right now, my outdoor nativity set is in the back yard just waiting for us to set it up in a respectable spot in the front yard.  Oh time............where have you gone this year.  It is hard to believe we only have 18 days to go.

I think of mom and dad a lot, but this time of the year I especially think of mom.  How in the world did she do it?  I mean, really.........how did she do it?  Way back then, she made all four of us girls a special Christmas dress each year, taffetas, satins, velvets, lace...........on my, the work she put in.  It wasn't unheard of for her to also make my little brother a shirt or coat, and maybe she'd find an hour or two to make herself a dress.  Then the candy, Aunt Bill's, Peanut Brittle by the pans, fudge, divinity which had to be made only on certain non-humid days, the list goes on and on.  Then the wrapping!  After a few years, we kids were invited to wrap, or were we "told"Good thing I watched Judy Harris' 4-H demonstration on wrapping presents.

Yes, I admire my special mother.  I have great respect for her juggling skills, but I have even more respect for her humility and her patience.  When I hear myself gripping about this or that........needing more time to shop, needing an extra pair of hands to make Aunt Bill's, needing extra money to get a special gift for someone, I will remember mom.  Back then Santa Claus didn't wrap our presents because he knew that all that Christmas morning wrapping paper trash would be just a little to much for mom to handle.  Thank you Santa.

I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive