Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Did We Eat

Whew.............Did we eat????????????


A few days ago my favorite people spent the night with us.  They are such a delight.  I have wondered over their brief years on earth whether I would or even could love them more than I did when they were babies.  Would they become just pesky little boys?  Would they be smart mouthed?  Would they be annoying?  Would they play together?  I am here to tell you that I love them much more than I did when they were babies which I was pretty sure would not be the case.  They are the sweetest children.  I give credit to God, my daughter, and my son-in-law for my well-behaved, sweet grandchildren.  And yes, they play together.


The boys came over with the idea and desire to go to Long John Silver's for dinner.  That afternoon while they were playing with the vinegar and baking soda...........try it, especially if you have boys, I teased them about going to Golden Corral instead of their beloved LJS.  Now let me explain.  I was teasing them expecting them to turn up their noses and give me a little flack about not going to LJS.  My first thought was I would tell them we were taking them someplace they would NOT like, but the first thing out of my mouth was Red Lobster and they were all over that so I ate crow and said, no not tonight.  I then thought I would say some Chinese place, but what came out of my mouth was Golden Corral.  That is what happens to me these days..........something very foreign comes out of my mouth than what I thought in my mind.  I tease.......but it isn't too far from the truth.


You know where we went?  Golden Corral.  Once they looked online at the menu, they were determined to try out the chocolate cake.  Yes, we took a 6 year old and a 9 year old to eat buffet.  I know there are plenty of folks out there that would let children this age free to forage their own dinner, but not this Nana or Grandpa.  Both wanted to fill their plates themselves, and they did, but not without up close supervision from their grandparents. 


By the time we got our own plates filled, they were finishing up.  How can a 6 year old eat a slice of pizza and a taco that quickly?  We kept them at the table for a while so we could eat a bite, but the dessert bar was just too much for them.  All those pies, cakes, cookies, mousses, cheese cakes, Jello, fruit, ice cream, both soft serve chocolate, vanilla, and swirl, and 8 different dipped flavors were very tempting to my little boys.  BUT FORGET THOSE!  Bring on the chocolate fountain, the white chocolate fountain, the caramel fountain, the strawberries ripe for dipping, marshmallows, apples, and COTTON CANDY.  Don't all restaurants have COTTON CANDY?? 


Who needs to eat anyway?  Let's get dessert; let's get them sugared up. 

They had us hopping that night, but I am not complaining.  We didn't need to eat.  It was much more fun just watching them...........all that food just waiting for them..........all that CHOCOLATE!  They were so excited and sugared up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They laughed all the way home.  And we laughed, too.  On the way home, the hubby looked over at me, laughed, and asked "Did we eat?" 


Moral of the story:  Don't take little boys to the buffet and expect to eat yourselves. 


They are still talking about the "chocolate water fountain", and the McNana they had the next morning for breakfast.  Who knew that a homemade breakfast sandwich from Nana would be such a treat?  We will be going to Golden Corral again! 


Did we eat?


I love you.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive