Thursday, January 23, 2014

Just Another Trip to Trader Joes

Good evening.  You know what they say, a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child.  I am here to tell you that is true, but I am here to tell you that, tonight, I am one happy woman.  My daughter called me, laughing, to tell me about her day.  Then, not more than five minutes later, her brother called, and he, too, was laughing and telling me how good he was and how he had missed me.  He even called on my phone, my private phone……..not the hubby’s, but my phone.  He called to talk to his mom……….the prodigal son…….aw.

 

So now I feel like blogging.  (laughter inserted).  I haven’t blogged in a while due to various things, among them being a trip to Dallas.  And since it is my blog and since I have nothing interesting to write about tonight, I am going to bore you with the details of my grocery shopping trip. 

 

It is a good thing I went to Texas because I was starving to death………..there are no grocery stores here in Oklahoma you know.  Yes, we were pretty hungry on Blackjack Ridge Road.  Good thing we found Trader Joes.  Now we shall have food for a week.  I say all this with tongue in cheek, but seriously, have you been there………Trader Joes?  If not, you must hit I35 and head to Preston Road.  It is a destination!!!!!!!!!  When we drove up, it was ‘TA DAH’.  We have finally arrived!  Everybody had their favorite thing about the weekend, but I must say that Trader Joes was my favorite shopping spot. 

Trader Joe 002

 

Just look at those goodies.  Left to right (sort of):  I have already tried the Lavender Salt Scrub.  It smells so good, and feels even better on the skin.  And the dryer sheets………haven’t used those yet, but I have read that they really are good to put between your linens.  That is where I will use them first, between my towels.  I don’t know about you, but after my towels have been stored for a while, they need refreshing.  If company comes and I have time in advance, I rewash my towels even though they haven’t been off the shelf.  I love my lavender soap and my lavender hand soap…………I think I have a lavender weakness.

 

The Cookie Butter and the Cookie Crunch butter is so good………..so good that I cannot have it in my house so it went to the pregnant girl.  She gets the Sesame Seed Sticks, too, but the dark chocolate covered fruit bits are MINE!  And who doesn’t get a tube of polenta when they visit a grocery store in another state?  And Lemon Curd?  I don’t even know what I am going to do with that, but it looked like something I needed at the time.  And Coconut Oil…….everybody needs coconut oil.  And oh my gosh……………you will have to go to Trader Joes just to get these delicious, and I do mean delicious, milk chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels.  Oh my gosh I ate that whole bag myself……..me, ALONE.   

Trader Joe 003

Look at the bottles of olive oil I got……..touted to be a consumer favorite according to the Wall Street Journal and who can argue the Wall Street Journal?  I have used some already and, while I like it and the price was great, I have had better tasting olive oil.  This is a bit peppery, but to be honest, I was told that either on the bottle or on the sign at the store………..so I got exactly what I was expecting.  See the jars of crushed garlic………I will find that handy since I tend to let fresh garlic ruin before I finish a pod.  Of course I had to get a couple jars green enchilada sauce.  And……….chocolate chips………..had to see if they were better than Nestlé's Chocolate Chips………..they aren’t.  And look at all that cheese…………I HATE BLUE CHEESE and I don’t care who knows it…………..BUT I had to try the Blue Castello………….oh my, I will never like blue cheese, but I LOVE THIS CHEESE.  In fact I ate the whole wedge with a spoon.  It is creamy like butter, but very salty and tangy.  The hubby ate the entire block of Stilton with apricots.  All the others are still here waiting on someone to cut them open.  We will probably try those with that block of pâté on Super Bowl Sunday. 

Trader Joe 011

Trader Joe 010

Well that was my trip to Trader Joes….just another trip to Trader Joes, but it was a lot of fun.  Who knew that just four short aisles could hold so much pleasure for me.  And as much fun as Trader Joes was, being with an old friend and a couple of new friends was even better. 

 

Hope you enjoyed reliving my grocery store finds…………..try to go to Trader Joes just once in your life, but go with an open mind……….yes, it is only a grocery store, but lots of fun.  Next time I am taking some dry ice just to bring home some pot stickers.

 

I love you.  See you later………….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive